Youth Voice Training available to book
Thanks to development funds from the Social Investment Business we are offering training on embedding youth voice in your organisation. All training is designed for delivery with young people and staff, is practical in nature, and includes useful handouts and FREE access to all downloadable materials.
Our specialist modules cover Engaging Digitally, Co-producing events and Young Ambassadors. Get in touch today to book an in-house course or attend our training on How to Engage Digitally with Youth Voice in London on 22 October.
Why attend our training? We’ve delivered an intense programme of research and development over a number of phases and have created training that fits to you – combining best practice, strategic thought and deliverable activities.
We’ve had participants tell us “More of this training is required across the whole arts & cultural sector!! Should be mandatory for all arts organisations“. Our work goes further too and you can read more about giving young people a voice in this article from Arts Professional which we contributed to and created the downloadable resource for Arts Award this links with.
When is training available?
Any time to suit you. Our tailored in-house programme can be delivered at your premises at a time that works for your staff or team. We are also working on more public training dates; with our next about Engaging Digitally at the Royal Society of Arts in London on 22 October 2019. It is 1pm to 5pm at 8, John Adam Street, London, WC2N 6EZ (by Charing Cross & Embankment stations). Read more details now.
Our in-house training lasts from three to seven hours including breaks, a core module and your chosen optional modules. It is tailored to your circumstances and can involve even more strategic thinking and organisational planning. We can also accommodate consortia – or shared training where one host is joined by other organisations or partners it invites. In-house training is usually for up to 18 people and we’d love you to include staff & young people. Download a flyer.
All training will provide you with resources, slides, case studies and practical tips on enabling youth voice in your organisation.
Why should you book?
- Our training is designed to facilitate young people and senior managers alike in a shared learning experience
- Our modules are designed to be flexible around participant’s needs and contexts
- All of the modules’ resources will be available FREE to attendees to download
- Participation helps organisations subject to Ofsted assessments consider how to deliver high and equal expectations of their students and provide a curriculum rich with cultural capital.
- Schools (and those wanting to work with schools) will understand better how to engage and address the needs of each pupil (Gatsby Benchmark 3) by supporting their voice
- If you want 1:1 support to develop your strategy or plan then we can support you over an extended period with our consultancy too
Here’s what our modules involve:
Developing Youth Voice – core module (2.5 hours)
Establish an understanding of what youth voice is, recognise it within your own participation practice and feel confident explaining why you should enable youth voice in your organisation.
Optional modules (1.5 hours each)
Take a look at how to use digital technologies for engaging young people, discuss how to do so safely and recognise the difference between marketing and participatory engagement online. This is a practical session including rich media examples.
(We are running this and our core module on 22nd October 2019 – BOOK NOW)
Explore how to co-produce events and projects with young people.You’ll leave with an understanding of the value of this approach and plenty of practical examples showing the range and simplicity of potential events.
Find out what young ambassadors can offer your organisation and discuss the benefits for young people. We’ll look at case studies, explore opportunities you identify and give you some practical skills to develop your own group.
How much is the training?
– In-house training costs £450+VAT including up to 2 optional modules; for subsidised sessions (very limited number available so get in touch quick)
– Our public training on 22 October is £79 for an adult and £10 for young people when booked by 15 September including VAT. Afterwards it will be £89 for an adult and £15 for young people inc VAT.
How to book?
Get in touch with us now on firstname.lastname@example.org for in-house training or book online for How to Engage Digitally with Youth Voice.
What have people thought of our training?
“A well facilitated and engaging training session – I left feeling good about youth voice in my organisation and that I can move forward with more knowledge!“
“The exercises we did in groups helped me pin point where we are“, “the discussions felt genuine and meaningful“
“The trainers were very welcoming, articulate and perceptive“
“It was all really helpful“
“It was really relatable to my role and how we are going forward with our youth provision“.
Who’s it for?
Anyone working with young people in their organisation, wanting to gain young people’s insights, or develop a new youth offer. This is also suitable for heads of participation/engagement departments. Especially those working in the arts, cultural or voluntary sectors. AND for each adult place booked you can bring a young person – they are ideally an apprentice, intern, young trustee or already involved in helping to direct projects.
Are there any pre-requisites for attendees?
As an attendee you should have some experience of young people’s projects but keen to share and develop knowledge of embedding their voice in your organisation – the same goes for young people attending the course! We recommend young people already have some involvement or say in the organisation as a junior staff member, young trustee or existing participation group so they can implement learning from the day and support attending staff in implementing youth voice.
Terms of purchase:
1. This is a heavily subsidised programme. No refunds can be made for no-shows and cancellations made less than 21 days before the date of training. The name of attendee(s) can change at any time.
2. Cancellations made more than 21 days before will receive a 50% refund upon request. The cancellation must be made & acknowledged in writing to email@example.com prior to this date. If you’ve not received an acknowledgement in time you may call us on 03300 881008.
3. Any young person attending training will be the responsibility of their accompanying adult. We suggest that they are aged 14-25 however you are welcome to inform us if you are bringing someone younger or older. We recommend that this young person is an apprentice in your organisation, an intern, volunteer or participant in engagement programmes with a role that can continue to work with you to affect change and develop youth voice within the organisation. Please respect the intentions of this programme and the subsidised nature by not booking a paid colleague not on a training programme for a young person’s ticket.
4. If we cancel the training day for any reason you will be informed by email at the earliest possible opportunity and a refund will be offered. If a suitable alternative date cannot be found for you we will still provide you with access to the online material.
5. All payments must be cleared at least 3 days before the training day. We can accept an official purchase order and payment of our invoice afterwards for recognised organisations registered with the Charity Commission or Companies House.